Home > Search Results > K. D. Sullivan
|View a printable version of this profile.
|Location of Speaker: San Francisco, CA
|Fees: $2,000 - $5,000
- Consultant - Project
- Consultant - Process
- Seminar Leader
- Entrepreneurship—In and Out of Corporate
- Creating Your Own Successful Freelance Career
- Producing Error-Free Communications
- Editing and Proofreading for Beginners
- Managing a Home-Based and/or Virtual Workforce
- a. Must of Bust: 7 Absolutes for Business Success
- b. In the Driver’s Seat: A Roadmap for Independent Professionals
- c. With New Eyes: Producing Error-Free Written Communications, In Print and Online
- d. Basics of Electronic Editing—For Everyone in the Official, or Unofficial, Role of Writer, Editor or Proofreader
- e. Go Ahead…Proof It!
- f. Managing a Home-Based Business
- g. Managing a Virtual Workforce
|About This Speaker:|
Client Quote - K. D. Sullivan - Motivational Speaker
Canine Confections (business consulting)
“K.D.'s caring, insight, and knowledge were key ingredients in guiding me to my own definition of success.”
Sandra Estrada, Principal
K. D. Sullivan - Training --
• Cisco Systems, Kenis Dunne (editorial experience and assistance in workshops)
• Lawrence Livermore Labs (all-day editorial workshops)
• Genentech (two-day proofreading seminar)
• American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (multiple-session workshop series, How to Start and Manage Your Practice)
• SCORE (hour-long seminars; moderating all-day seminars; developing content for How to Start and Manage a Small Business and Writing Effective Business Plans seminars)
K. D. Sullivan's Published Works Include:
Authored and/or Coauthored six published books, Her latest book is being published
Written online workshops and 35 job aids for effective communication
Articles - K. D. Sullivan
• Mas Moda magazine, title: “Profiles of People Following Their Stars”
• The Potrero View newspaper, title: “Potrero Hill Author Helps Others Grow Their Businesses”
• Translorial magazine, title: “SCORE with Best Business Practices”
• TTE Transcripts Worldwide newsletter, title: “___”
• Fifth article title to come
As a six-time published author and recognized authority on producing error-free written communications—in print and online—I’m eager to offer my experience and training expertise to help companies worldwide produce the highest level of internal and external communications, including all levels of learning content.
• My experience and training expertise in communications facilitation, project and program management, and business development, along with my supreme attention to details and dedication to client service and support, allow me to effectively clarify project scope; consistently manage, report on, and integrate programs; and appropriately allocate resources.
• As founder and for over 20 years the CEO of Creative Solutions Editorial, Inc. (which I recently sold), and as Content Manager for YouAchieve.com, a soft-skills elearning site, I managed thousands of communications-related projects for a wide range of clients including publishers; advertising agencies; and high-tech, insurance, and Internet firms throughout North America (partial list attached). With this experience, I’ve become especially skilled at:
o Communications Facilitation—to produce error-free written internal and external communications and learning content, in print and online
o Project and Program Management—with a specialty in enhanced communications procedures
o Leadership Development
o Team Building
o Succession Planning and Career Development
o Job Description Development
o Public Relations, Corporate, and Sales & Marketing Communications
o Entrepreneurial Business and Business Development
• As a seminar leader-trainer and speaker, I design and implement communications workshops and corporate training programs throughout the United States and Canada, and speak regularly on the topics of communication and business development.
• As a result of my 8 years as a business development consultant, I’m adept at helping clients large and small in every stage of business including pre-business, start-up, growth, management, and exit strategies.
Furnished Upon Request
Nature, animals, children, business, social change, education, science, music, dance, theatre, and film—with a curiosity about learning almost anything new.
• A Cure for the Common Word (McGraw-Hill, 2007; Chinese translation w/MP3, 2009 in Taiwan)
• Go Ahead…Proof It! (Barron’s, 1996)
• “Go Ahead, Proof It” clinic on the business core skills web site YouAchieve.com
• The McGraw-Hill Desk Reference for Writers, Editors, and Proofreaders Book and CD (McGraw-Hill, 2006)
• The Gremlins of Grammar (McGraw-Hill, 2005)
• The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Spanish for Health Care Professionals (Alpha Books, 2004)
• The Art of Styling Sentences, 4th Edition (Barron’s, 2002)
• In the Driver’s Seat: A Roadmap for Independent Professionals book, articles, and blog
• Go Ahead…! book series, covering a wide range of specific business topics
• How to Start and Manage Your Small Business—From 2000 to present, regularly moderate and conduct hour-long seminars at S.F. Bay Area companies and associations. Most recently in 2008 for Northern California Translators Association, and as volunteer for SCORE.
• How to Start and Manage Your Practice workshop series—2008 and 2009, designed, moderated, and conducted as part of team for 10-session workshop series, mostly recently in 2008 and 2009 for American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Note: Hour-long and 10-session series can be customized for specific industries.
• Proofreading and Editorial Basics for Non-Editors—Designed and conducted half-day and full-day seminars in the S.F. Bay Area for companies including:
o Cisco Systems
o Lawrence Livermore Labs
o C-Cube Microsystems
o PLM Investment Management
o Solem & Assoicates PR
• For three years, taught proofreading classes The Way You Say It, Says It All, designed by Diane at Media Alliance, S.F.
Since 1995, I’ve been quoted in print media and have appeared on television and radio to share expertise on starting and growing a successful business. Most recent articles/profiles:
• The Potrero View newspaper (Dec. 2008)
• TTE Transcripts Worldwide newsletter, Sept. 2009
• Translorial magazine (Journal of the Northern California Translators Association, Sept. 2008)
Since 2000, volunteered with SCORE San Francisco (www.sfscore.org), as chapter chair in 2000 and as workshop committee chair 2007−2009. SCORE is a national business-consulting not-for-profit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Partial Client List
Below are a few of the companies for which I’ve provided project and program management in producing error-free internal and external communications, as well as several levels of learning content—in print and online.
American Electronics Association
Anchor Brewing Company
Ashton Partners Financial
California Lawyer Magazine
Catholic Healthcare West
Charles Schwab & Co.
Coldwell Banker Commercial
Del Monte Foods
Design Within Reach
DHC USA, Inc. Catalogs
Expert Communications, Inc.
Foote Cone & Belding
Geiser Peak Winery
Starboard RCN Worldwide Real Estate
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
The Sharper Image
Union Bank of California
Wells Fargo Bank
Would you like to try a new search or submit a custom request?